Hello friends! Red Chicken Curry is a classic Indian dish known for its vibrant red color, rich flavors, and fragrant spices. This chicken recipe is prepared with vegetables and eggs making it protein rich and exotic. This is a perfect dish for your lunch or dinner with rice, roti or paratha. I am going to make it very easy for you to prepare this recipe in few simple steps.
Cooking chicken, vegetables and eggs together can be bit tricky as each of these ingredients takes different time to get cooked. Hence, it is very important you understand the sequence in which you want to cook and put them together.
So, follow my step-by-step guide and learn how to make chicken with vegetables and eggs. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you like it and stay in touch for more delicious recipes.
Red Chicken Curry | With Vegetables and Eggs
- 250 gm Chicken cut into small pieces
- 2 pcs Boiled Eggs
- 60 ml Mustard Oil
- 25 gm Onion a whole, skin removed
- 50 gm Potato 2 medium size, peeled
- 25 gm Tomato a whole
- 25 gm Green papaya cut lengthwise
- 2 pcs Green Chilli
- ½ pcs Lemon
- 30 gm Carrot 2 medium size, peeled
- 1 tbsp Ginger shredded
- 2 tbsp Onion shredded
- 1 tbsp Garlic shredded
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 pcs Bay leaf
- Take chicken pieces on a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon on it and mix it very well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and karshmiri red chilli powder.
- Add some water with it and mix all spices together. Keep it aside.
Fry boiled eggs
- Heat up a kadai on medium flame and add mustard oil on it.
- When the oil is hot, add boiled eggs.
- Stir the eggs and fry for about a minute.
- When the eggs turns into light brown color, pick them up and keep aside.
- Now add potatoes, carrots, green papaya, onion and tomato with the oil to fry.
- Stir them to fry all sides properly for about 3 minutes.
- When the vegetable turns into light brown color, pick them up and keep aside.
- With the same oil, now add the bay leaf, shredded onion, ginger, garlic and the marinated chicken pieces.
- Mix everything very well with a spatula and cook for about 5 minutes.
- When the raw smell of onion, ginger and garlic is gone, add green chilli, salt, and the liquid masala mix prepped earlier.
- Again, mix everything together.
- Keep stirring using the spatula so that the masala doesn’t burn at the bottom.
- Cook it for another 10 minutes with the masalas.
- When the chicken is half cooked and mingled well with the spices, add fried vegetables.
- Keep stirring everything on the kadai for another 5 minutes so that the vegetables are mixed up well with the masalas.
- Now add 500 ml hot water with it and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- After boiling for some time, it will turns into a nice thick red color gravy.
- Check if chickens and vegetables are cooked properly, then add garam masala and the eggs.
- Mix them properly with the gravy.
- The red chicken curry is now ready to serve.