Hello friends! Today I am going to share how to make chicken pakora. This is the most famous street style chicken pakora that we all love to eat when we go out. Now you can make this delicious and crispy chicken pakora at home with the help of my simple step-by-step guide.
Chicken pakora, a type of Indian chicken fry is a very famous appetizer which is suitable for all occasions. In this recipe, small chicken pieces (with bone or boneless) are marinated with various Indian spices. Then marinated chicken pieces are golden fried on vegetable oil. The secrete of this recipe is in the ingredients. If you want to make the best and crispy chicken pakora that everyone will appreciate, then make right choice of ingredients and use right amount. In this video, I have explained all ingredients clearly along with the amount to be used.
So, go through this recipe blog and you will learn how to make chicken pakora at home. Also try this chicken pakora recipe for yourself and let me know if you like it!
How To Make Chicken Pakora | Street Style Chicken Recipe | Indian Fried Chicken
- 400 gm Chicken cut into small pieces
- 50 gm Besan/ Gram Flour
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Onion paste
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Salt
- We should marinate the chicken with spices for some time for best taste of a chicken pakora.
- So, take chicken pieces on a bowl and add all spices, which are garlic paste, ginger paste, onion paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice, 2 tablespoon oil, and add besan.
- Add a little water and then mix everything really well.
- When mixing of spices with the chicken is done, cover it with a lid and keep in fridge for at least 2 hours. You can keep it for 8-12 hours or overnight as well for best result.
- Now, heat up the kadai on medium flame and add oil on it.
- When the oil is hot, add marinated chicken pieces one by one to fry.
- Frying will take about 10-12 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, flip chicken pieces to the other side.
- Keep flipping them every 3-4 minutes so that all sides of chicken pakora are fried evenly.
- Chicken pieces are going to be nicely golden fried in 10-12 minutes. Keep checking the level of fry and it’s color to asses if they are fried properly.
- Once chicken pakora turns into nice golden color, they are ready. Pick them up from kadai.
- Serve chicken pakora hot with tomato ketchup and salad of onion, tomato, carrot, cucumbers at side.