Hello friends! If you are a non-vegetarian, most likely crispy golden fired prawns is one of your favorite appetizer dish. So today, I am going to share my favorite prawns fry recipe, which can also be called as batter fried prawns. In this recipe, prawns or shrimps are first marinated with a paste of cilantro, onion, garlic and green chilli. Marinated prawns are dipped into a batter made of maida and cornflour, and then fried using vegetable oil.
If you use the ingredients I am using and follow the steps as mentioned here, I guarantee that you will be able to make this delicious and crispy golden fried prawns or shrimps at home, even better then restaurants!
So, go through the recipe blog and learn how to make crispy golden fired prawns in few simple steps. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you like it and stay in touch for more delicious recipes.
Crispy Golden Fried Prawns | Prawns Fry Recipe | Batter Fried Prawns
- 150 gm Prawn
- ⅓ cup Maida or All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cornflour
- 1 pcs Egg
- 130 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 7-8 pcs Garlic cloves
- 15 gm Onion
- 1 pcs Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 5 gm Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
Cut and shape prawns
- Give a cut on the prawns from the top, halfway through.
- Spread both the sides and flatten the body. Keep them aside.
Make paste for marination
- Put garlics cloves in a mixer. Add onions, green chilli and cilantro.
- Make a paste.
- Take prawns into a bowl and add the paste.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix them well.
- Put a lid and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
Make the batter
- Take maida/ all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add corn flour, baking soda, baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, black pepper, and butter.
- Crack an egg and add to it.
- Mix them together.
- Now take ¼ cup of cold water and add to it. Cold water will help to make it crispy.
- Mix it well to make the batter.
- Heat up a kadai on medium flame and add oil on it.
- Take marinated prawn pieces one at a time. Dip into the batter and apply a nice coating. Then put it on the hot oil.
- Allow 3 minutes to fry. Then flip them to the other side to fry.
- Allow another 3 minutes to fry. Then flip to the other side.
- Fry them until they are crispy and nice golden color.
- In another 3-4 minutes they will be ready.
- Pick them up and enjoy this delicious and crispy golden fried prawns.