Dear friends, today I am going to share a raita recipe for biryani. We can’t imagine having biryani or pulao without a raita at side. Raita is also very popular side with parathas or kebabs. Raita is a quick, easy and nutritious side dish made of curd, vegetables, spices, and herbs. It’s an integral part of Indian meals. After having a spicy food, it helps to cool down the stomach and digest.
So, follow my step-by-step guide and learn how to make a delicious raita for your meal using a few ordinary ingredients. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you like it and stay in touch for more delicious recipes.
Raita Recipe for Biryani
- 180 gm Curd
- 1 pcs Green Chilli
- 50 gm Onion
- 100 gm Cucumber
- 1 small bunch Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pcs Red Chilli
- Chop the bunch of cilantros.
- Chop green chilli.
- Shred cucumber.
- Shred onion.
- Heat up a pan on medium flame.
- Add red chilli, cumin seeds and coriander seeds on the pan.
- Use a spatula to fry them slightly until turns light brown color.
- Collect fried spices into a bowl and let it cool down.
- Now put them in a mixer jar and grind nicely.
Put things together
- Take curd in bowl.
- Add shredded cucumber, onion, chopped cilantro, chopped chilli, sugar and salt.
- Also add ½ tsp of the grinded masala that we prepared.
- Then simply mix everything together using a spoon.
- A delightful raita is ready to serve with biryani or pulao.