Dear friends, today’s recipe is Basanti Pulao. It’s a famous pulao recipe from West Bengal. It’s prepared without any vegetables. Basanti pulao is mild sweet, yellow in color, often enjoyed with chicken or mutton kosha (semi gravy). The rice used to make this is gobindobhog rice, which is cultivated mostly in West Bengal. This is a short grain aromatic rice with sweet flavor.
Basanti pulao is very easy to prepare using my easy-to-follow guidance here. So, let’s make this delicious recipe at your kitchen for your family. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you like it and stay in touch for more delicious recipes.
Basanti Pulao Recipe | Simple Pulao Recipe Without Vegetables | Pulav
- 1 cup Gobindobhog Rice
- ½ cup Cashew
- ¼ cup Raisin
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 pcs Bay leaf
- 3 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 pcs Cardamon
- 5 pcs Cloves
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
Wash and clean rice
- Take the rice in a colender basket.
- Clean it nicely in running water.
- Heat up a kadai.
- Add ghee and let it heat up.
- Add bay leaf, whole garam masala and cashew nuts.
- Fry them until cashew nuts turns into brown color.
- Then add the rice and mix nicely with cashew and spices.
- Keep stirring using a spatula for a minutes to fry rice lightly.
- Add turmeric powder and mix everything together.
- Add raisins and keep stirring for a minute so that smell of raw turmeric is gone.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat up a kadai again.
- Add 2.5 cups water.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Let the water boil.
- Now add rice and spices kept aside.
- Put a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes in a low flame.
- Check if rice is boiled properly or cook for few more minutes if required.