Hello everyone! Today I am sharing with you my all-time favourite appetizer recipe – Crispy Chilli Potato! Chilli potatoes are a popular snack and appetizer made by boiling sliced potatoes, coating them with a mixture of cornflour and spices, and then shallow frying them until they are golden brown and crispy. The potatoes are then tossed in sauce, which adds an extra layer of flavour to the dish. I will be showing you step by step how to make the most perfect crispy chilli potato in this video.
So, if you are looking for a quick and easy restaurant style Indian recipe, or just want to try something new, then this crispy chilli potato recipe is the perfect choice. Make sure to give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Crispy Chilli Potato Recipe | Restaurant Style Indian Appetizer
- 100 gm Potato
- 15 gm Capsicum
- 30 gm Corn flour
- 100 ml Vegetableoil
- 1 pcs Green chilli
- 6-7 pcs Garlic cloves
- 1 bunch Spring onion
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 3 tsp Tomato ketchup
- First let us cut potatoes lengthwise but thicker in size like wedges.
- Chop 15 grams capsicum into small pieces.
- Pour some water on the kadai and bring it to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt to the water. This will add taste to the potatoes when we boil them.
- Add sliced potatoes into the boiling water and let them boil for about 3 minutes on high flame.
- When potatoes are half boiled, pick them up and drain the water.
- After draining hot water, add some cold water so that potatoes are not overcooked.
- Take 25 grams of corn flour on a bowl and add 1 teaspoon black paper, 1 teaspoon oregano, half teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon soya sauce and 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup. Now add some water, mix with all the ingredients and make a thick batter.
- Heat up the kadai on oven and add 75 ml oil on it.
- When the oil is hot, dip potato slice one at a time in the batter nicely and add to the hot oil.
- Keep flipping them to the other side to fry properly. Also, if potatoes are sticking to each other, use the spatula to separate them. You can fry all the potatoes in multiple batches so that it’s easy to manage.
- Fry them for about 5-6 minutes until they are golden fried.
- When potatoes are golden fried, pick them up.
- Now on a clean kadai add 25 ml oil and heat it up.
- Add chopped garlic, chopped green chilli, chopped capsicum, half teaspoon salt, 3 teaspoon soya sauce, 2 teaspoon tomato ketchup and mix everything well.
- Mix water with remaining 5 gm corn flour to make a think batter and add that to the kadai.
- Keep stirring for about 3 minutes, until it becomes a thick gravy in dark brown color.
- Add fried potatoes with it and mix them well with the gravy.
- Add half of the chopped spring onions and mix with the chilli potato to make it ready to serve.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped onion on top to decorate your delicious and crispy chilli potatoes before serving.