Hello friends! Poha recipe is a popular Indian breakfast made with flattened rice flakes, vegetables, and a blend of spices. In this recipe blog, I am going to show you how to make poha, a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Poha is also known as chidwa, pauwa, sira, chira, avalakki, atukulu in various regions of India. Poha is not only tasty but also packed with nutrients such as iron, vitamins, and antioxidants. It’s a perfect dish to kick-start your day on a healthy note.
This recipe uses simple ingredients that are easily available in your pantry and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. I will guide you through step-by-step instructions on how to make this dish.
So, go through this recipe blog to learn how to make poha and enjoy a delicious breakfast meal that’s both nutritious and flavourful.
Poha Recipe | How to Make Poha | Chirer Polao
- 1 cup Poha/ Flattened rice
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 25 gm Beans chopped into small pieces
- 25 gm Carrot chopped into small pieces
- 25 gm Onion chopped into small pieces
- 10 gm Green Peas
- 25 gm Potato cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch Cilantro finely chopped
- 15 gm Capsicum chopped into small pieces
- 1 pcs Green chilli chopped into small pieces
- 5 gm Cashew nut
- 5 gm Peanut
- 5 gm Raisins
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Let’s chop all the vegetables, cilantro, and green chilli into small pieces.
- Wash poha and drain the water completely.
- After 5 mins, add half teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon sugar and mix well with the poha.
- Heat up a kadai on medium flame and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add peanuts and fry them slightly.
- Add cashew nuts and fry them slightly with peanuts for about 1 minute.
- When cashew nuts are slight brown color, pick them up and keep aside.
- On the remaining hot oil, add potato, carrot, and beans.
- Cook them for few minutes.
- Then add, onions, green chilli, capsicum, green peas and mix everything well.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder. Mix them well with the vegetables.
- Let the vegetable cook for about 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring the vegetables using a spatula frequently so that they don’t stick with the kadai.
- Once the veggies are cooked and soft, it’s time to add poha.
- Mix poha with the veggies nicely.
- At the end, add slightly fried peanuts and cashew nuts, raisins, chopped cilantro.
- Now mix everything very nicely and a delicious poha breakfast is ready.